The Fall Dashboard Economic Disadvantage Total is often a greater number of students than the total students on the HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers report. This article provides definitions and tools to assist with reconciling the difference and ensuring you are receiving SCE funding on all eligible students.
Fall Dashboard Economic Disadvantage Total is reporting all Fall PEIMS students enrolled on snapshot with Eco Dis indicator of 01, 02 or 99. No other criteria is considered. This group of students is the baseline group potentially eligible for State Compensatory Education (SCE) funding.
HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers reflects total students eligible for State Compensatory Education (SCE) funding and the Fall PEIMS Census Block Group reporting.
Report Located under Finance and Student:
- Finance – Finance Custom Reports > Summary of Finance (SOF) Reports > Student Funding Detail Reports > HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers
- Student – Student Custom Reports > HB3 Funding > HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers
Students who meet the following criteria AND report a Census Block Group number in Fall PEIMS are reported in the mapped TEA Census Tiers.
- Economically disadvantaged (ECONOMIC-DISADVANTAGE-CODE 01, 02 or 99)
- AND Enrolled on the Fall snapshot date (AS-OF-STATUS-CODE B, D, F, or X)
- AND Eligible for ADA (ADA-ELIGIBILITY-CODE 1, 2, 3, 6, 7) OR enrolled, not in membership due to the virtual learning (ADA-ELIGIBILITY-CODE 9).
- AND Not Homeless (HOMELESS-STATUS-CODE 0)
- AND students (with or without a disability) who reside in a residential facility if they are regularly assigned to the LEA. (ATTRIBUTION-CODE <> 21 or 23)
STEP 1: Verify TSDS Fall Fatal Business Rules 40100-0190 or 40100-0191 are NOT triggered as the first step of reconciliation with the Fall Dashboard count.
Fatal Edit : 40100-0190 checks for missing Student Census Block Group numbers on eligible students: Students triggering this edit will result in potential underreported Tier counts for HB3 Comp Ed. Add this count to the HB3 Grand Total and ensure the students have a valid Census Block Group number in the next TSDS PEIMS Fall File uploaded into ODS.
Fatal Edit : 40100-0191 checks for Student Census Block Group numbers reported on ineligible students: Students triggering this edit will result in potential overreported Tier counts for HB3 Comp Ed. Subtract this count from the HB3 Grand Total and ensure the students Census Block Group number is removed OR correct the Student criteria coding as required for reporting a Census Block Group in the next TSDS PEIMS Fall File uploaded into ODS
STEP 2: Run the 22-23 Fall Dashboard Eco Dis Total Student List with Comp Ed Criteria and Export to Excel.
An LEA Cloud Sharing report: 22-23 Fall Dashboard Eco Dis Total Student List with Comp Ed Criteria is available to review all Fall reported Economic Disadvantage students (baseline for reconciliation) and the additional criteria coding as it relates to SCE funding eligibility. To access the report go to Bookmarks, LEA Cloud Sharing and search “Fall Dashboard”
Run the report and Export to Excel to sort and filter the individual criteria for any values that do not match the SCE funding eligibility. Verify all additional criteria coding is accurate.
- Check filters for any coding not eligible for funding:
- ADA = 0, 4, 5 or 8 *Note – this is the most common difference , students enrolled and not in membership or ineligible for funding.
- As of Status Code = A, C, E or G *Note: these are students not present on the Snapshot date.
- Student Attribution Code = 21 or 23 *Note: these are residential placement students not regularly assigned to district.
- If one of the ineligible codes is listed, select that one filter and capture the student record count. Verify the coding is accurate and apply the student count to the reconciliation.
Example Reconciliation :
Fall Dashboard Eco Dis count = 4, 375
HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers Grand Total = 4,232
Difference to reconcile: 4,375 – 4,232 = 143
Step 1: Fall Fatal Edit 40100-0190 triggered for 134 students. Add 134 to HB3 Grand Total = 4,232 + 134 = 4,366
Difference to reconcile: 4,375 – 4,366 = 9 unaccounted for Eco Dis students not on the HB3 report.
Step 2: LEA Cloud Sharing Report exported to Excel, filter ADA column setting = 0
Final Difference Reconciled: 9 students found coded Eco Dis and ADA = 0