Column Options allows editing and adding information to a detailed student or staff list report from different data sources and/or different years, and various submissions. (Located above column titles.)
- Use “Add New Column” to add a column(s) of data to the list. Format follows Report Center categories/columns.
- Select a “Data Type”
- Select a “Record”
- Select a “Column” -may select multiple
- Note: Click outside of dropdown list to return to the Add Columns box in the background
- Select a “Year”
Click the “Add ” button to place the new data at the bottom of the display.
Click “Submit Changes”, top right-hand side, to generate the report.
Save Column Set
Use the Save Column Set tab when you want to “store” 1 or more of the rows of data to be used for future reports.
- First, select the row(s) of data to be saved by checking the box in the “Save” column. NOTE: option to “Select All”.
- Next click the “Save Column Set” tab.
- Provide a name, or use the default for this set of data.
Save Years – to retain the year for which that data is being pulled. It is listed on the row selected to be saved.
Save Code Display type – to retain the type of display selected for the row being saved. (Code, Description, or Code and Description)
Load Column Set – to add the “Saved Column Set” to the report.
- Select Load Data Set
- Select the title of the set of columns, previously saved, to be added to the report.
- Click “Load”.
- All of the rows of data saved in this set will be added to the bottom of the display.
- Click “Submit Changes” to view report with added columns.
Manage Saved Column Sets
View or Delete current saved rows of data.
To EDIT columns/rows on the report
- Relabel the Title of a row instead of using the default Title. It is a free form field.
- Use the drop down to select a different Year for the data.
- Data Set– Lists which file the data is pulling from
- Record – Describes which record/area the data is pulling from
- Submission – Identifies which PEIMS submission the data is pulling from
- Example: Economically Disadvantage is reported in both Fall and Summer PEIMS. User can expect to see identification as to which submission is being pulled to display the data.
- Change the Display Type to “Description” or the PEIMS “Code” or both
- Select a row of data to be Hidden when the report displays
- Grouping allows the user to group/ungroup data to be displayed
- Apply Filter allows the user to deselect the original filter applied to columns that have been added to the report. EXAMPLE:
- Report originally created to look for fall eco dis students coded 01-Free for 18-19
- After adding fall eco dis code for 17-18 using Add New Column described earlier, if check mark left on (filter applied), report will apply the 18-19 fall eco dis filter of 01 to the 17-18 fall eco dis code and will only return students who are fall eco dis 01 in BOTH 18-19 and 17-18
- Remove check (filter not applied) on the 17-18 eco dis column and the report will return all students coded fall eco dis 01 in 18-19 along with the fall eco dis reported in 17-18 regardless of what the code was that year
- Note: The students and the year in the original detailed student list cannot be changed
- Save – see section above
- To Remove a column of data, click the trash can icon.
- Reorder the rows by using the blue up/down arrows.
Add more columns from other sources, records, or years by repeating above steps.