NOTE: Training video posted below.
- Use Chrome as your browser when loading files.
- Format = XML (preferred) or CSV.
- Files can be loaded either zipped or unzipped.
- If zipped, ensure interchanges are directly in the zipped file and not in a parent folder within the zipped file.
- If unzipped, multi select all the xml files to be loaded. The order does not matter.
- NOTE: Use 7-zip files (.zip), not .7z
- NOTE: When using a different SIS than Business Information System:
- Opt 1- put all unzipped files in a folder and upload them all at once. OnDataSuite will merge the data together.
- Opt 2 – merge together using SIS or Bus Software then extract into TSDS interchange files (zipped or unzipped).
Uploading TSDS PEIMS files into OnDataSuite –Once files have been either extracted from the SIS (BIS) or retrieved from TSDS, use the following steps to upload into OnDataSuite.
- Log into OnDataSuite, go to “File Center”/ “Data Sources”
- Select the blue “TSDS PEIMS” tab.
- Use the green “Click to upload TSDS- PEIMS file” button to browse to zipped or unzipped xml or csv files. (order does not matter)
Note: Multiple files of the same interchange, for example, Interchange Education Organization Extension-one from business side and one from student side, can be loaded at the same time. The system will take the first one. Exception is the Staff Association Extension which will allow one from business and one from student and create unique staff records.
Once files have been sent to OnDataSuite:
Review the columns.
Note: Year and Submission columns should automatically populate if using the TSDS naming structure
- Submission – Fall, Mid Year, Summer, Extended
- Preliminary – Flags the file to remind users that changes are to be expected.
- If unchecked, file will be labeled as “Final”.
- Files can be relabeled after loaded.
- Prelim and/or Final files can be overwritten with subsequent data loads. ( wipe/replace)
- Rep Period – Available only for Summer files to indicate how many six weeks of data are included in the file.
- Process – drop down
- Load data and run edits – data will be updated in the database and applied to all reports and the edits.
- Run edits only – data will only be applied to edits portion of the system (no updates to the database).
- Load data only – data will be updated in the database and applied to all reports except for the edits (depending on size of file, could save significant time).
- These processes can be run without files replacing each other.
- They all will be stored in the history area below.
- ‘Run edits only’ files will have an indicator on the far-right hand side labeledEdits
- ‘Load data only’ will have an indicator labeled Data
- Delete – a specific file before processing.
4. Start Upload – Green Tab
5. When data load is complete scroll down to view all the files loaded.
6. Click on the Info, Edits, orData link, far right-hand side, to see process information including interchange files loaded.
Missing interchanges (not marked with a green “ok”) will affect reports needing data elements from these areas.
Options to change the “status” of the file. (bottom right) The file status may be changed from final to preliminary or from preliminary to final.
Note: While a file is loading, you may start another file upload and/or continue to work throughout the rest of the system.