Summary: This report produces Performance 6 of the ESC Capacity Grant Report for homeless counts and promotion rates, both required and optional information.
- Note: Graduation rates can be found viewing the Support>Training>Training Videos>ESC>2019-2020 ESC Capacity Grant Report Performance 6 Graduation Rates video.
Usage: This report is used to help complete the Performance 6 area of the ESC Capacity Grant Report and requires the files listed under Data Sources below to be uploaded to the File Center for all districts.
- 12th Grade Promotion Rates do not include seniors who have graduated (leaver reason code E1001 = 01) prior to the leaver year attributed to. This eliminates special education students who graduated in the past but are repeating 12th grade for further services.
- Only includes LEAs that are included in the Dashboards>District List under the “State Assigned Districts” column
- Years Depend on Year Filter Selected:
- Prior year Summer PEIMS (promotion rates)
- Current Year Fall PEIMS (contains leavers for prior year)
- Current Year Summer PEIMS (counts)
Definitions and Calculations:
- Counts and Percentages are determined by unique counts of students. If a student moves from one district to another district in the same year (counts) or from one year to the next (promotion rates), the student is only counted once.
- If utilizing ad hoc querying to review, please be sure to drill into summary totals to review student totals at the unique ID level for accurate counts.
- For example, if you run a report for homeless students at a particular grade level for summer enrollment 2020-2021, this will count a student at multiple districts multiple times. You must drill into the query to see a unique count of students regardless of how many districts attended.
- ESC Capacity Grant Report Homeless Performance 6 Definitions
- Year Filter (Default most recent summer PEIMS files loaded)
- Drill down on counts or percentages to see detailed student lists.
- Promotion rates will display the denominator detailed student list and will include values that can help determine the numerator.