Summary: The report displays a grid of the 98 SPED indicators mandated by Federal regulations under 34 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 300, issued on Dec 19, 2016. The race/ethnicity will be labeled across the top and the related RDA categories/indicators in the left column.
Usage: Review the required 98 separate indicators to evaluate districts data regarding:
- (a) educational placements [14 indicators]
- (b) special education representation [49 indicators]
- (c) disciplinary removals [35 indicators]
- These indicators will be used to assign PLs of significant disproportionality based on seven racial/ethnic groups and six disability categories, as required.
- They will be presented as one integrated representation indicator, five integrated discipline indicators, and two integrated educational placements indicators.
- The federal regulations also require thresholds be set to determine which districts will be identified for significant disproportionality.
Data Sources: Fall and Summer PEIMS Submissions that contain the student’s SPED identification, age, ethnicity and discipline records. The year of the data source populates the corresponding year for the report.
- Example: In order to view the 2021-22 Report, both Fall and Summer PEIMS files for 2021-22 must be loaded (Preliminary files accepted).