Report Location: Accountability>Federal: Accountability Report Center>ESSA, Title I Equity Plan
ESSA Equity Report
Summary: This report exemplifies how TEA is looking at low-income and minority students being served at campuses at a disproportionate rate of inexperienced teachers (teachers in their first two years of teaching).
- The Poverty Groups displays the disproportionate rates between the district’s high and low quartile, as well as between the district’s high quartile and the state average.
- The Minority Group displays the disproportionate rates between the district’s high and low quartile, as well as between the district’s high quartile and the state average.
- To see campuses in each quartile:
- Sort column by low income. Campuses in the High and Low quartiles are color coded.
- Sort column by minority (not white) students. Campuses in the High and Low quartiles are color coded.
- PEIMS Fall and Summer XML files one year prior to year filter
- Student Percentages:
- Unique count by student id based on Summer attendance records (42400)
- Attributed to all campuses attended
- Staff Percentages:
- Unique count by staff id based on Fall responsibility (30090)
- Attributed to all campuses taught
- Student Percentages:
- Inexperienced Teacher: Role-ID = 087 and Total Years Professional Experience = 00 or 01 in Fall submission Divided by Total Role-ID =087.
- Low Income: Students coded Economically Disadvantaged (01,02,99) in either Fall or Summer submission
- Minority: Students not coded as white, alone.
- Quartile: Campuses sorted by Low Income for 1 report and for Minority on the other report. Then divided as evenly as possible into 4 groups. The High and Low groups are selected. The teachers who have less than 3 years of experience are averaged at those Campuses for both quartiles.
- Disproportionate: The difference between the rate at which low-income students or students of color are taught by inexperienced teachers and the rate at which their peers are taught by inexperienced teachers.
- State Averages are updated by the year filter and changed once TEA posts the most recent State Average to the https://texasequitytoolkit.org/ page.
- Comparison will be made with High and Low quartiles at the District and the High quartile % with the state % of inexperienced teachers for both the low-income students and the students of color.
|Equity Gap Calculations: Low-Income Students|
|C||District equity gap: High-poverty quartile minus low-poverty quartile (row A-row B)||9.56%-4.03% =5.53%|
|E||State equity gap: High-poverty quartile minus state average (row A-row D)||9.56%-13.05% =-3.49%|
|Equity Gap Calculations: Students of Color|
|H||District equity gap: High-minority quartile minus low-minority quartile (row F-row G)||9.56%-4.03% =5.53%|
|E||State equity gap: High-minority quartile minus state average (row F-row D)||9.03%-13.05% =-4.02%|
Resource for qualifications and calculations:
- Note: For the 2019-2020 school year, LEAs will be not be expected to submit new equity plans.