If the Fall Dashboard Homeless Status Total is greater than the total students on the HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tier 5 Homeless total, use this resoure to identify the variance or miscoding to ensure you are receiving SCE funding on all eligible homeless students.
Fall Dashboard Homeless Status Total is reporting all Fall PEIMS students enrolled on snapshot with Homeless Status Code of 2, 3, 4 or 5. No other criteria is considered. This group of students is the baseline group potentially eligible for State Compensatory Education (SCE) funding.
HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tiers reflects total students eligible for State Compensatory Education (SCE) funding and the Fall PEIMS Census Block Group reporting.
Report Located under Finance and Student:
Homeless students who meet all five of the following criteria are reported in Tier 5 Homeless count for SCE funding and reflectd in the HB3 Comp Ed – Eco Dis/Census Tiers report.
- Homeless (HOMELESS-STATUS-CODE 2, 3, 4 or 5)
- AND Economically disadvantaged (ECONOMIC-DISADVANTAGE-CODE 01, 02 or 99)
- AND Enrolled on the Fall snapshot date (AS-OF-STATUS-CODE B, D, F, or X)
- AND Eligible for ADA (ADA-ELIGIBILITY-CODE 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 or 9)
- AND students (with or without a disability) who reside in a residential facility if they are regularly assigned to the LEA. (ATTRIBUTION-CODE <> 21 or 23)
An LEA Cloud Sharing report: 22-23 Fall Dashboard Homeless Total Student List with Comp Ed Criteria is available to review all Fall reported Homeless students (baseline for reconciliation) and the additional criteria coding as it relates to SCE funding eligibility. To access the report go to Bookmarks, LEA Cloud Sharing and search “Fall Dashboard”
Run the report and Export to Excel to sort and filter the individual criteria for any values that do not match the SCE funding eligibility. Verify all additional criteria coding is accurate.
Check filters for any coding not eligible for funding:
- Economic Disadvantage = 00 *Students must be Economically Disadvantaged
- ADA = 0, 4, 5 or 8 *Note – this is the most common difference , students enrolled and not in membership or ineligible for funding.
- As of Status Code = A, C, E or G *Note: these are students not present on the Snapshot date.
- Student Attribution Code = 21 or 23 *Note: these are residential placement students not regularly assigned to district.
- If one of the ineligible codes is listed, select that one filter and capture the student record count. Verify the coding is accurate and apply the student count to the reconciliation.
Example Reconciliation :
Fall Dashboard Homeless count = 17
HB3 Compensatory Education – Eco Dis/Census Tier5 Homeless Total = 16
Difference to reconcile: 17 – 16 = 1
Export to Excel LEA Cloud Sharing Report , filter ECO DIS column = 0 (if no 0, move to next criteria).
Difference Reconciled: 1 student found coded Homeless and Eco Dis = 0. Correct coding or note reason student does not qualitify for SCE funding.