Summary: The Retention Report displays a list of students who have the same grade level reported in Fall PEIMS, as was reported in the prior year’s Summer PEIMS data.
Usage: Locate students who have been retained to aid with current year success, as well as to verify data accuracy.
Data Sources: Fall & Summer PEIMS records
40110 Enrollment Sub-Category
StudentSchoolAssociationExtension Complex Type (grade level)
- Filter on:
- Multi-select year – allows year ranges to be selected
- Multi-select grades – applies to the fall grade of the years selected
- Student Population – special program selection such as At Risk, Eco Dis, Sped, etc.
- Focus List
Special Notes: Retentions are calculated by comparing each student’s grade level as submitted in the Fall PEIMS submission to the most recent grade level submitted in the Summer PEIMS submission from the prior school year.
- Bob Smith attended Learning High School (LISD) as a 9th grader in the 10-11 school year. Bob Smith’s attendance was submitted in the 10-11 PEIMS Summer submission for LISD. Bob Smith returned to LISD in the fall of 11-12 and was submitted in the LISD Fall PEIMS submission as a 9th grader. Bob Smith would be listed on the retention report.
- Jake Gonzales attended Neighbor High School (NISD) as a 9th grader in the 10-11 school year. Jake transferred to Learning High School (LISD) in the fall of 11-12. Jake was enrolled in LISD as a 9th grader. Even though Jake was retained he would not show up on the retained list because LISD does not have access to summer PEIMS attendance data from Neighbor ISD.
- Steve Smith attended Learning High School (LISD) as a 9th grader in the 10-11 school year. Steve Smith’s attendance was submitted in the 10-11 PEIMS Summer submission for LISD. Steve Smith returned to LISD in the fall of 11-12 and was placed in the 9th grade. Prior to the snapshot date, Steve was promoted to the 10th grade. Steve Smith would not be listed on the retention report.