Staff Certification– Accepted Data File Layout
This file is an Comma Separated Value format (.CSV)
Staff Certifications can be uploaded to assist with the Accountability>Federal: Accountability Report Center>ESSA, Title I Equity Plan>ESSA PR1500 reports.
The certification data can be accessed in the TEA TEAL’s Educator Certification Online System (ECOS) using ECOS Entities access:
TEA Quick Reference Guide:
Since manipulation to the files can occur, please see the file layout below needed to successfully upload the information.
- This file is a CSV (Comma Separated) file
- The file should not contain headers
- The ‘Year’ selection should match to the year of the ESSA PR1500 reporting. For example, if you are working on the 2018-2019 ESSA PR1500 reports, click on ‘2018-2019’.
- Only one file is allowed per year. If current file already exists for a particular year, a new file load for that same year will replace existing file.
- The file format is as follows and needs to be in this order:
- Social Security or Staff TX Unique ID
- Cert Typ Code
- Effective Date
- Expire Date
- Grade Level
- Cert Lvl Code
- Field Code
Note: It is not necessary to remove certifications that are expired or non-instructional.
TX Unique Cert Typ Code Effective Date Expire Date Grade Level Cert Lvl Code Field Code