Report Location: Accountability>Results Driven Accountability>SPED Significant Disproportionality
Summary: This report displays a district and each individual campus grid of the 98 SPED indicators mandated by Federal regulations under 34 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 300, issued on Dec 19, 2016. The race/ethnicity will be labeled across the top and the related RDA categories/indicators in the left column.
Usage: Review the required 98 separate indicators to evaluate LEA and campus data regarding:
- (a) educational placements [14 indicators]
- (b) special education representation [49 indicators]
- (c) disciplinary removals [35 indicators]
- These indicators will be used to assign PLs of significant disproportionality based on seven racial/ethnic groups and six disability categories, as required.
- They will be presented as one integrated representation indicator, five integrated discipline indicators, and two integrated educational placements indicators.
- The federal regulations also require thresholds be set to determine which districts will be identified for significant disproportionality.
Data Sources: Fall and Summer PEIMS Submissions that contain the student’s SPED identification, age, ethnicity and discipline records.
- Indicators 11 – 13 require PEIMS Fall records for the year filter selected. For example, to see 2021-2022 data in indicators 11-13, PEIMS Fall 2021-2022 must be loaded.
- Indicators 14 – 18 require PEIMS Summer records for one year prior to the year filter selected. For example, if you have loaded 2021-2022 PEIMS Summer, the report will default to the subsequent year filter, 2022-2023, and indicators 14 – 18 will be populated based on the PEIMS Summer 2021-2022 files loaded.
- Single select Year (Default most recent PEIMS year loaded)
- Red shading for any ratios above 2.5
- Tools>Hide/Show Zero Value Rows (Default to show all zero value rows)